It is time for another round of removing deprecated/legacy web service methods from the API.
This time around we are going to primarily remove methods related to creating customers and subscriptions, as well as removing the legacy creditcard/payment API.
Deprecating Subscription Creation
We have a long list of methods that have popped up over the years for creating new subscribers with various parameters, all of which was finally replaced with a common shared routine as described on the documentation site.
The methods that will be removed from version 3.8 in the spring of 2017 are as follows:
All of the above methods can be replaced by the careful use of the OrderSubscription method.
Payment API Version1
Our first, and rather failed, attempt at creating a credit card payment API has not been actively supported in years, and hopefully no one is using any parts of it any longer. Thus without further ado, we will remove an entire endpoint and two support methods from the InfoWebXmlWebservice endpoint by version 3.8.
The entire credit card API has been replaced so there are no direct alternatives, but head over to the section on credit card payments to get some info on implementing credit card payments using the new api.
Various Legacy methods with better alternatives
Additionally we got some methods which have had better alternatives for quite a while, but does not fall into a specific category. As far as we can tell from our statistics they are still in use to some degree, but they should really be replaced!
- SaveCustomerInformation – Can be replaced by UpdateCustomerDetails from the Customer Service endpoint
- UpdateCustomerInfo - Can be replaced by UpdateCustomerDetails from the Customer Service endpoint
- GetLastInvoiceByCustomerNumber – Can be replaced by the SubscriptionInvoice service
- GetNextInvoice – Can be replaced by the SubscriptionInvoice service
- CheckInternetProduct – Can be replaced by your own authorisation logic as described in the section on authorisation
- CustomerHasActiveSubscription - Can be replaced by your own authorisation logic as described in the section on authorisation
All of the above methods lives in the InfoWebXmlWebservice endpoint.
Finally we forgot to remove a few INFO-Web helper methods in 3.7:
There are no alternatives for these methods (and as far as we can tell nobody but the Infosoft Web Client ever used these!).
As always if this cause problems for you, contact support and let us know and we will look into it.